Latest “Time To Do More” whitepaper helps mobile computing buyers consider the best device for their mobile workforce
BRACKNELL, UK. 28th January 2020 – Panasonic today published its Time to Do More whitepaper aimed at helping IT buyers choose mobile computing devices that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their mobile workforce.
“For the mobile workforce, one device cannot fit all,” explained Jan Kaempfer, General Manager of Marketing for Mobile Solutions Business Division – Europe. “There are a myriad of different mobile workers undertaking any number of differing tasks in various challenging environmental conditions. The key to helping mobile workers find the time to do more is to build mobile computing devices that match their needs, with the ergonomic and functional design to help them achieve their goals faster.”
The whitepaper identifies the essential elements mobile device buyers need to consider when specifying solutions and how they can help the workforce find time to do more. Areas covered include:
With industry average failure rates at 18% and downtime per device, including repairs, costing 2,800 euros on average, device failure rates are a critical consideration.
How integrated applications, such as barcode scanners and thermal cameras can boost productivity.
Daylight viewable screens
How choosing the right display screen, for example for reading in bright sunlight, can cut reading time by as much as 25%.
How specialist design can improve productivity. For example, scanner activation buttons on both sides of a device can improve efficiency by up to 13%.
The whitepaper also provides helpful European business examples explaining how organisations from different industry sectors are using rugged mobile computing devices to improve productivity and efficiency.
“This whitepaper will help mobile device buyers focus on the necessary ergonomics, design, functionality and support to provide a device that will operate in harmony with their mobile workforce,” said Kaempfer. “A device that is intuitive, fast, effective and long-working; saving the workforce time to free them to focus on the things that matter to them. More time to think, more time to innovate, more time to learn, more time to train, more time to create or simply more time to spend time with family and friends.”
For more information visit: https://toughbook.panasonic.eu/time-to-do-more
 IDC analyst group
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7737
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 48% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2018 (VDC Research, March 2019).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 32.8% market revenue share (Futuresource B2B laser projection>5klm CY2019, Q3 Western & Eastern Europe).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 582 subsidiaries and 87 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 62.5 billion for the year ended March 31, 2019. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: https://www.panasonic.com/global